Personal Statement Package
Personal Statement $349
Medical School, Residency / Fellowship, Veterinary & Allied Health Professions
An experienced admissions editor guides you through two intensive edits designed to bring out your best.
Application optimization of your personal essay = two rounds of feedback + proofreading:
- 1st Edit: content and message
- 2nd Edit: style and precision
- Final proofreading
- Unlimited email access during editing process
- 48-hour turnarounds
Read more about the editing process.
Our editing approach is simple and straightforward. To comprehensively address content, style, and presentation, we developed a process we call application optimization. By splitting the editing experience into three simple steps, we help you address both macro- and micro-level concerns.
Edit # 1: Content & Message
We begin by tackling the “big picture” issues: content, organization, flow, and self-presentation.
1. You send in your working draft/s, comments, concerns, etc.
2. Within 48 hours your editor will send you a macro-edit and follow-up letter. The goal during this stage of editing is to help you develop and maximize your essay’s content and theme. Your editor will also help identify where additional elaboration or clarification is needed. Your editor wants you to see how your essay “reads” to an admissions committee, pointing out potential areas for concern.
Edit # 2: Style & Precision
Based on the feedback you received in edit # 1, you have the opportunity to respond to your editor’s questions and make revisions. During the entire process you enjoy unlimited email access to your editor.
1. You send in your updated, revised draft.
2. Within 48 hours, your editor will return a polished version of your draft. This second edit cleans up micro-level concerns: grammar, punctuation, word choice, sentence structure, flow/transitions, spelling, etc. Your editor will also ensure that your writing conforms precisely to word or character limits.
Edit # 3: Final Review
After considering your editor’s changes, you can make final adjustments so the finished product accurately reflects your vision. Your editor will then proof your document.