Personal Statement Package: $399
Personal Statement / Statement of Purpose / Personal Comments Essay
Medical School, Residency & Fellowship, Veterinary, & Allied Health Professions
An experienced admissions editor guides you through two intensive rounds of editing to maximize your pesonal statement.
Application optimization of your personal statement = two rounds of feedback + proofreading:
- 1st Edit: content and message
- 2nd Edit: style and precision
- Final proofreading
- Unlimited email access during editing process
- 48-hour turnarounds
Read more about the editing process.
Our editing approach to personal statements is simple and straightforward. To comprehensively address content, style, and presentation, we developed a process we call application optimization. By splitting the editing experience into three simple steps, we help you address both macro- and micro-level concerns.
Edit # 1: Content & Message
We begin by tackling the “big picture” issues in your personal statement, including content, organization, flow, and self-presentation.
1. You send in your working draft/s, comments, concerns, etc.
2. Within 48 hours, your editor will email you a macro-edit focused on developing the essay’s content and theme. Your editor will identify opportunities for further elaboration or clarification, as well as help you see how the essay “reads” to an admissions committee. The goal is to highlight your strengths while mitigating potential red flags.
Edit # 2: Style & Precision
Based on the feedback you received in edit # 1, now you have the opportunity to respond to your editor’s questions and make revisions. During the entire process you enjoy unlimited email access to your editor.
1. You send in your updated, revised draft.
2. Within 48 hours, your editor will return a polished version of your draft. This second edit cleans up micro-level concerns: grammar, punctuation, word choice, sentence structure, flow/transitions, spelling, etc. Your editor will also ensure that your writing conforms precisely to word or character limits.
Edit # 3: Final Review
After considering your editor’s changes, you can make final adjustments so that the finished product accurately reflects your vision. Your editor will then proof your document.